Monday 18 May 2009

Blowing in the Wind

There are a lot of things going on at the moment, and there are a lot of feelings and thoughts going round my head and heart.

I'm exhausted - we had a great (energetic) time at playgroup this afternoon. We had a parachute out and the kids loved it. Have you ever seen a three year old cry with laughter? He was just bubbling over with joy. It was wonderful.

I'm praying - it seems like a lot of people are having hard times at the moment. Whether its exams, job troubles or personal struggles, I'm thinking of you and praying for you.

I'm scared and excited - I've decided to train as a teacher. I'd really like to do a course starting in January because I've been doing a lot of "floating" since graduation and I want to get going with something. That means I need to talk a school into taking me on, and do the whole application process before the 5th of June. I will be talking to a couple of headteachers tomorrow. Please pray!

I'm hopeful - that my driving licence will come this week. Then T can start taking me out driving. It's only been three years since I last drove. Did I say hopeful? I meant petrified.

I'm happy - T and I spent a great day out at the Science Museum for his birthday on Saturday and I spent most of Sunday afternoon on the phone to my family and Shiv. Lots of laughter, lots of catching up.

I'm looking forward - this bank holiday weekend we're going to visit my family for three whole days, partly to celebrate Mum's birthday. Then I also get to spend some time with Lulu - which means a good few hours of the West Wing, a great lunch and lots of catching up.

Psalm 139 just came to mind. It's one of my favourite chapters at the moment and this bit is especially wonderful...

O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139 v. 1-10.

6 comments:

  1. "if I make my bed in the depths, you are there"

    Ha. I bet it says "if you're having a pity party for one, I'm sitting there gently mocking you" in The Message.

    Yay for West Wing :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you too hun. Keep chin up and look forward to all the things God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww appreciating the prayers and woo I got a mention hehe. I'm praying for you too, hope the headteachers see that you're a good catch :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo - driving sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment and for the indirect inspiration for the blog - I'd been lurking for a while, I think I followed through from Lulu's blog, so clearly this whole blogosphere is one big circle!
    It's easy to assume that *everyone* in church is fine and sorted with God, so thank you for helping to dispel the myth!
    Fingers crossed with the teacher-training!! Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! What are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin