Sunday 9 August 2009

Paper-iversary

One year ago today I married my best friend. It was a day of family and friends. Of love and laughter. Of photos, flowers, food. It was blue and golden. There was tea and cake. There were old cars, black suits and beautiful dresses. We praised and prayed. We made promises and gave rings.

One year on we have enjoyed so much time, so many visits with family and friends. Love and laughter have been cornerstones of this marriage. Photos, flowers and meals have adorned everyday life. Blue and golden will always remind me of that day, as will afternoon tea, old cars, suits and dresses. We have prayed and praised God every day - this relationship has grown from his love, his care and his knowledge of us. We work each day to keep the promises those rings symbolise.

It has gone fast, and yet feels like a year. It has been full of adventure and excitement, yet we revel in the ordinariness of sharing our lives. That it can be magical and feel right. This is home.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! I love that picture...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog, and hearing your testimony about your first year of marriage is beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! and I wanted to stop by to let you know you have an award on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! What are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin