Monday 5 October 2009

A Card, Some Rain, A Book.

We spent two really lovely days with my parents and sisters this weekend. We ate, played games, snuggled on the sofa and watched films. I even made some cards with Mum - I was especially pleased to make the last wedding card for our trio of upcoming weddings. The bride and groom are stylish and creative people and I was lacking in inspiration until I saw some lovely papers in Mum's supply. Once I had all the elements it still took ages to figure out a layout, but we had fun doing it and here's a little look at it.


Today it has been dripping rainy wetness all day. I loved it. It makes sitting on the sofa now feel even more warm and snug. New stripy socks also made me happy today.


I am reading Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris. So far I like it, although I have a strange feeling that I've started it once before and didn't get very far. Just a hint of deja vu - but clearly this time it's gripping me more. I'm intrigued by the secrets and hidden past that the narrator is hinting at.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful cards and glad to hear about your rejuvenating weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. You make your life sound utterly idyllic with every blog post! How do you do it?! I have been loving the rain too and I would be equally excited with new stripy socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love stripey socks! What a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stripy socks are very cool, but I can't wait for a photo of your other new socks :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! What are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin