Friday 13 February 2009

Valentines Day

T and I have decided not to "do" Valentines Day. We've been together for two and a half years now - Saturday will be our third Valentines Day.

For the first one we swapped cheap, charity shop gifts - I gave him the (now infamously awful) M25 game (we're both board game lovers) and I got the Oceans 11 video from him. Both have since winged their way back to the charity shop.

I can't remember what we did last year, and this year we'll be visiting my parents and sisters for the weekend which will preclude any romantic plans! We're married now and were always quite happy not to celebrate V-Day, but I'm sure for some couples this XKCD cartoon really hits the nail on the head. Surely maintaining and enjoying a relationship is complicated enough without throwing in a huge heap of hype and drama?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin