Sunday 29 March 2009

God

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

If you've been paying attention you'll have figured out by now that I'm a Christian and God is a big part of my life. I grew up in a Christian home, went to church every week and was taught about God. Between the ages of three and nine I lived in Nepal where my parents were missionaries, and for me coming back to England was harder than going to Nepal. I wasn't too keen on church while I was a teenager, and while I would still have called myself Christian, I wasn't particularly active in it. When I was about 16 or 17 I started thinking about it more and got baptised. Then I went to university. At this point I made the decision to go to church myself. Up until this point I'd mostly been because (see last post!) I like my parents and knew they wanted me to go.

Going to university is a pretty big change and going to church really helped me settle in to life there. God gave me everything I needed - good friends (some of whom became good housemates), encouragement and inspiration (I ended up my first year by going on a mission trip to Brazil). Throughout the last three years I've come to know God more and more and he's always taken care of me - given me strength, joy, peace, love and so much more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! What are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin