Monday 20 April 2009

A Lovely Weekend

Six people filled up our little house this weekend. We spent Saturday enjoying some beautiful weather and scenery with a long walk around the park...


We had a late lunch and dropped by a local artists exhibition. We were a bit late so we only got a quick glance at the paintings before they started to clear up, but it was fun anyway. The girls had some school work to do so T and I introduced Mum and Dad to our 3D Settlers of Catan set (a wedding present from some friends). We had Chinese takeaway for dinner. On Sunday we went to church and then came back for roast dinner and an afternoon of playing games.

It was lovely to spend a whole weekend with my family, just relaxing. Last year when we'd see them there was often wedding planning/discussion to be done - this year we don't have anything to do but catch up and enjoy ourselves. It really felt like a holiday, a very lovely weekend...

Today we are back to work after the Easter holidays. I'll drop by Besom before I have to go to my first afternoon session of playgroup. It's a beautifully sunny day, and as we only have a week at work before we're off on holiday again I'm feeling very relaxed.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could live at your house-it's like being on holiday and you never make me do work or anything :D plus your church is so much fun!
    roy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! What are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin