Sunday 21 March 2010

Life Update

We've been lucky enough to share quite a few dinners with friends and family recently. Some of them are people we see almost every week at church and yet never really catch up with, and we've really been appreciating the time to spend together. Today we had friends over and even managed to get out after lunch for a walk in the sunshine and a long chat which was lovely.

We've been making plans for the future as well. Looking at various houses, thinking about buying our own place. It's such an exciting idea, and something we'd both love to do. Our current place has been perfect, but we would love to get started on decorating and furnishing our own place - somewhere with a garden and room for our little family to grow. It's a daunting prospect - whichever house we decide to commit to won't be perfect and there will be things that we can't change about it. Equally, it's such an exciting adventure to be starting out on.

I've been offered a place on a masters course next year, which I'm really excited about. It's great to have a plan. The only possible hitch is that it is quite a small course so I'm just praying they will have enough people signed up to run it.

I'm loving my childminding job - I've been looking after three children for a family from church. They are wonderful kids and so much fun. I've had some lovely conversations with them, especially when reading with the littlest one. And the older two make fantastic hot chocolates.


I have so many dreams in my mind at the moment - houses and decorating, craft and painting, dates and trips, studying and business. I also have a lot to look forward to and be excited about.

Life is good and it is exciting to think about what is coming. I feel like we're rounding a corner and bits and pieces of the future are coming into view. It might all change, and that's fine but sometimes the glimpses are reassuring and tantalising.

2 comments:

  1. You wore flip-flops already? Mine are still at my parents...I need to bring some spring/summer clothes back with me! Oh for the time I will live in one place properly! I like the sound of your little family growing :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going so well for you, that's so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! What are you thinking?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin